- Form: Liquid
- Packaging Size: 35 kgs
- Brand: ALSTA
- Physical State: Liquid
- Usage: Industrial,Industrial,Laboratory
- Packaging Type: Jars and barrel
- Grade Standard: Reagent Grade,Technical Grade,Reagent Grade,Technical Grade,Bio-Tech Grade
Chemtex’s Condenser Descalant is a blend of acids with inhibitors. It is designed to remove mineral scales, metal oxide (rust) and silica scale deposits in water systems that are subject to deposit accumulation. Typical tasks are descaling of condenser, evaporator, heat exchangers, evaporative condensers, boilers, geysers, solar heaters, blow mouding machines, gear box, steel parts cleaning, vacuum pump decalcifying etc.
Chemtex’s Condenser Descalant is inhibited to protect cleaned surfaces from acidic attack. It can be used on most common metals such as MS, SS, Copper, Cast Iron, Copper alloys such as Cu-Ni except zinc and galvanized surface.Key Features and Benefits
Application and Dosage
- Excellent cleaning efficacy
- Wetting agent for scale penetration
- Excellent in removing silicates
- Defoaming property
- Inbuilt corrosion inhibitor
- Derusting and Descaling
Chemtex’s Condenser Descalant is used in various applications and at different concentration ratio depending upon the amount and type of deposit and system parameters. Normally for a system with hard scale deposits a 20% v/v solution is commended.
Preferably this solution should be made with pre-heated water at 70-80oC. The total volume of solution should be about 1.2 times of water holding capacity of equipment to be descaled. Recirculate the solution for about 6 hours using an acid compatible pump. After descaling it is necessary to passivate system with 2% solution of Passivating Chemical into the last rinse and return to normal service.Important
1. For extremely rock hard and thick scaling it is commended to soften the scale prior to descaling by recirculating and soaking 5-10% solution of CHEMTEX’S SCALE SOFTNER for 2-3 hours followed with rinsing with plain water before dosing descalant.
2. After dosing chemical never heat solution by firing burners. Handling measures and precautions
Proper human safety products such as Splash goggles, lab coat, vapor respirator, gloves and boots should be worn while handling and applying chemicals. Splashes on skin should be washed off with water immediately. In case of splashing into the eyes, flush it with fresh water and obtain medical attention. Should not be injected. Please refer MSDS for more details.Storage
This product should be stored in original containers in cool and dry place, away from sources of heat, flame and direct sunlight. Please refer Technical Data Sheet, Label and MSDS for more details and shelf life. Packing
Chemtex’s Condenser Descalant is available in 35kgs HDPE jars.